Simple and extremely easy to prepare. These cookies made with aniseed and white wine are a tasty snack ideal in every moment of the day and extraordinary if "soaked" into a sweet wine.In this recipe, I have chosen to use star anise because I prefer its aroma. However, you can replace it with anise seeds, especially if you prefer a stronger taste.
- 500 gr All Purpose Flour
- 180 gr Granulated Sugar
- 120 gr Olive Oil
- 200 gr White Wine
- 10 gr Aniseed
- 12 gr Baker's Ammonia or Baking Powder
- 1 pizzico Salt
- Pour the wine into a small saucepan, add star anise and bring everything to boiling point. As soon as the wine will start boiling, turn it off and cover it with a sheet of food wrap.
- Let the anise infuse in the wine for at least 1 hour. If you have time, I suggest you do this operation in the evening, so that anise can release all its aroma.
- Pour the flour into the bowl of the stand mixer (or onto the work surface if you prefer to knead by hand), add the salt and baker's ammonia
- Add the sugar, the olive oil, and finally the wine, filtering it through a sieve.
- Knead just long enough to form the dough. I recommend not overwork the dough to limit the formation of gluten and get cookies much more crumbly.
- When the dough is ready, take a small portion and stretch it with your hands until you get a spaghetti of about 3mm in diameter.
- Then cut some pieces of about 7/8cm, thin the ends and finally close them, forming a small doughnut.
- Once all the cookies are shaped, dip them in granulated sugar and place them in a baking dish.
- Bake at 180°C (356°F) for 15minutes, keeping the oven door slightly ajar with a foil ball.
- When the cookies are cooked and nicely browned, take them out of the oven and let them cool well before serving.
Like the other cookies, you can store these delicious Aniseed Donuts in a tightly sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
Serving: 50gr | Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 538mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 23g | Calcium: 447mg | Iron: 21mg
Translated from Italian with Love