Here is a delicious variation of the traditional Tuscan Cantucci. These biscotti are enriched with a touch of dark chocolate chips. Great to accompany a cup of coffee, or just to munch on!Like other biscotti, Cantucci can be stored for about 1 month in an airtight box.Unlike the classic version prepared with almonds, I recommend you to slightly toast the cookie once baked, keeping the oven at a low temperature. This is because you risk burning the chocolate and giving an unpleasant taste to the biscotti.
- Stand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- 500 gr All-Purpose Flour (W150, 8% -9% of proteins)
- 300 gr Granulated Sugar
- 180 gr Softened Butter
- 150 gr Eggs
- 30 gr Egg Yolks
- 3 gr Salt
- ½ pod Vanilla Bourbon
- 220 gr Dark Chocolate Chips
- 6 gr Baking Powder
- Knead the flour and butter until the flour looks like wet sand
- Add the sugar, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and finally the eggs until the dough is formed, without overworking the dough to avoid excessive gluten formation.
- Add the chocolate chips ( chilled in the fridge) and knead briefly.
- Wrap the dough with a plastic bag and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour
- Compose regular-shaped strings, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 170°C (338°F) for 10min, finishing cooking by keeping the oven door slightly ajar for another 15min or so.
- Once baked, while still lukewarm, cut the strings at an angle, forming cookies about 1.5cm wide.
- Da cotti, quando sono ancora tiepidi i filoncini vanno tagliati in senso obliquo formando dei biscotti di circa 1,5cm di larghezza.
- Place the Cantucci on the baking sheet and let them dry in the oven at 110°C (230°F) for 30 minutes until obtaining a good level of toasting; in this way, Cantucci will have a better shelf life, and you will obtain a drier cookie more suitable to be dunked
Serving: 100g | Calories: 967kcal | Carbohydrates: 135g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 212mg | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 63g | Vitamin A: 957IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 5mg
Translated from Italian with Love