Here is an excellent recipe signed by L. di Carlo for the preparation of puff pastry.The proportion of the ingredients will allow you to obtain a choux pastry puffs crispy outside and well caved inside, Ideal for preparing profiteroles and French eclairs.For succeeding in this recipe, pay particular attention to incorporate the eggs a little at a time into the mixture. Moreover, let the puffs dry in the oven, possibly slightly opening the oven door at the end of cooking let out the steam.
- Stand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Bag
- 450 gr Eggs
- 250 gr Water
- 250 gr Butter
- 250 gr Flour (W220 or 11% - 12% of proteins)
- 5 gr Salt
- Bring water, salt, and butter to a boil until butter is completely melted.
- Add the flour and cook for about 2min while stirring.
- Pour the dough into the stand mixer bowl and turn a few seconds to lower the temperature.
- Start adding the eggs slowly at medium speed, taking care to allow each addition to be absorbed before going on.
- When the mixture will have the right consistency (making it fall with the spatula, it forms a triangle)
- Lightly butter a baking sheet. Using a pastry bag, shape into small walnuts and lightly crush the tips with a wet finger to make sure they grow evenly when baking.
- Bake in a hot oven at 220°C (428°F) for the first 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 190°C (374°F) and bake for another 15 minutes.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 837kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 553mg | Sodium: 610mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2169IU | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 5mg
Translated from Italian with Love