Here is a recipe for very crispy, honeycombed Choux Pastry Puffs. The higher quantity of butter results in a crumblier crust, although it makes the recipe a bit more tricky to execute!
- Stand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Bag
- 250 gr Water
- 325 gr Butter
- 165 gr Strong Flour (W325, or 11%-12% of proteins)
- 375 gr Eggs
- 5 gr Salt
- Bring water, salt, and butter to a boil until butter is completely melted.
- Add the flour and cook for about 2min while stirring.
- Pour the dough into the stand mixer bowl and turn a few seconds to lower the temperature.
- Start adding the eggs slowly at medium speed, taking care to allow each addition to be absorbed before going on.
- When the mixture will have the right consistency (making it fall with the spatula, it forms a triangle)
- Lightly butter a baking sheet. Using a pastry bag, shape into small walnuts and lightly crush the tips with a wet finger to make sure they grow evenly when baking.
- Bake in a hot oven at 220°C (428°F) for the first 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 190°C (374°F) and bake for another 15 minutes.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 864kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 75g | Saturated Fat: 45g | Cholesterol: 523mg | Sodium: 767mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2537IU | Calcium: 363mg | Iron: 15mg
Translated from Italian with Love