This cocoa shortcrust pastry can be used to make delicious tarts or cookies in a variety of shapes!
Servings: gr of Shortcrust Pastry
- Stand Mixer
- 500 gr all-purpose flour
- 200 gr Icing sugar
- 300 gr Butter at 18°C (64°F)
- 90 gr Eggs
- 2 gr Salt
- 50 gr Sifted Cocoa
- 4 gr Baking Powder
- Work at medium speed softened butter with powdered sugar and flavorings in the mixer
- Add the eggs and salt, and finally add the flour, cocoa, and baking powder sifted together.
- Knead a little until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Place the shortcrust pastry between 2 sheets of grease-proof paper and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C (320°F) for at least 20min with the oven door slightly open.
You can keep the shortcrust pastry well covered in the fridge for 4-5 days or freeze it at -18°C (0°F) for 60 days. If you use granulated sugar instead of icing sugar, you will obtain a shortcrust pastry with a larger alveolation. In this case, simply replace the quantity of one sugar with the other. Learn how to make a perfect Shortcrust Pastry! Visit Biancolievito's Pastry School!
Serving: 100g | Sodium: 464mg | Calcium: 52mg | Vitamin A: 1597IU | Sugar: 40g | Fiber: 6g | Potassium: 299mg | Cholesterol: 196mg | Calories: 1000kcal | Saturated Fat: 32g | Fat: 53g | Protein: 15g | Carbohydrates: 122g | Iron: 6mg