Chocolate Custard is an excellent preparation ideal for filling classic cakes and pastries such as cannoncini.To be really good, Chocolate Custard needs to be shiny and full-bodied. For this reason, the quantity of chocolate used must be enough to denote its taste.
Servings: gr of Chocolate Custard
- Steel Pan
- 1 kg Whole Milk
- 200 gr Heavy Cream
- 180 gr Egg Yolks
- 150 gr Granulated Sugar
- 60 gr Rice Starch
- 1 pod Vanilla
- 420 gr Dark Chocolate 70%
- 200 gr Butter
For Sanitize the pan
- 20 gr Food-grade Alcohol
- Bring the milk, heavy cream, and salt to a boil.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar, the pulp of vanilla, and the starches.
- Dilute the mixture with the boiling milk, pouring it into many times
- Bring the mixture back to the stove over low heat, and continuously stir until the cream begins to firm up.
- Pour the boiling cream over the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted.When the chocolate is completely melted, add the soft butter, continuing to stir.
- When the custard is ready, pour it into the container sanitized with the alcohol, cover with plastic wrap and cool quickly to+4°C (39°F) before using.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 3kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 2mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg
Translated from Italian with Love