- Stand Mixer
- Deep Frying Pan
- 250 gr Water
- 150 gr Butter
- 200 gr Flour
- 300 gr Eggs
- 5 gr Salt
For Deep Frying
- 2 l Canola Oil (or other deep frying oils)
- 100 gr Granulated Sugar
- 300 gr Custard Look at this page for the Recipe
- Bring water, salt, and butter to a boil until butter is completely melted.
- Add the flour and cook for about 2min while stirring.
- Pour the dough into the stand mixer bowl and turn a few seconds to lower the temperature.
- Start adding the eggs slowly at medium speed, taking care to allow each addition to be absorbed before going on.
- When the mixture will have the right consistency (making it fall with the spatula, it forms a triangle)
- Shape the puff with a pastry bag on greaseproof paper and flip the sheet in oil at 165°-170°C (329°F - 338°F).
- Remove the paper as soon as it releases from the puffs and continue baking the them until golden brown.
- Drain from the oil and fill with custard. Finish with a sprinkling of granulated sugar.