Italian Meringue is a basic preparation of pastry. It is particularly suited for adding air inside of compounds, such as mousses and semifreddo.Likely traditional Meringue, the characteristic of Italian Meringue is to use boiled sugar syrup.For the excellent success of this Meringue, I suggest you pay attention when adding the syrup inside the egg white. In fact, it must be added 2 times, pouring the syrup along the bowl surface.
Servings: gr of Meringue
- Stand Mixer
- Cooking Thermometer
- 250 gr Egg Whites
- 50 gr Granulated Sugar (Quantity 1)
- 150 gr Water
- 450 gr Granulated Sugar (Quantity 2)
- In a stand mixer, start whipping egg whites and the sugar (Quantity 1) at medium speed.
- Bring the water and granulated sugar (Quantity 2) to 121°C (250°F) and pour over the whipping egg whites in 2 times. Keep whipping the meringue until it reaches 50°C (122°F)
- Once ready, pour the Italian meringue onto a well-cleaned baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and chill before using.
In Biancolievito's Pastry School, you will discover all the secrets to prepare an excellent Meringue!
Serving: 100g | Sodium: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Sugar: 1g | Potassium: 1mg | Calories: 2kcal | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 1g | Iron: 1mg