Here is a recipe for classic meringues. They are ideal for enjoying a good coffee or a cup of tea.The recipe is straightforward, and you can easily prepare it with your children!
- Stand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- 300 gr Egg Whites
- 300 gr Granulated Sugar Quantity1
- 300 gr Granulated Sugar Quantity2
- Start frothing egg whites in a stand mixer at medium speed with 50g of granulated sugar (taken from quantity 1).
- As soon as the mass begins to whip, continue adding the remaining sugar (Quantity 1), allowing the sugar to dissolve.
- When the egg whites are whipped, incorporate the second quantity of granulated sugar, gently stirring with a spatula.
- Shape the Meringues on baking paper with a pastry bag and bake 10min at 160°C (320°F) and complete cooking at 120°C (248°F) for 2hours keeping the oven door slightly ajar.
If you like, you can add 120 to 200gr of dried fruit grains after the last dose of sugar (2). In Biancolievito's Pastry School, you will discover all the secrets to prepare an excellent Meringue!
Serving: 100g | Sodium: 84mg | Calcium: 4mg | Sugar: 100g | Potassium: 82mg | Calories: 413kcal | Fat: 1g | Protein: 5g | Carbohydrates: 100g | Iron: 1mg