This is a perfect Chocolate Mirror Glaze recipe, ideal for frosting the sacher torte and many other cakes. This chocolate glaze is glossy, with a good chocolate flavor and a consistency easy to spread.
Servings: gr of Chocolate Glaze
- Cooking Thermometer
- 300 gr Dark Chocolate 70%
- 150 gr Water
- 300 gr Glucose Syrup
- 300 gr Sugar
- 200 gr Condensed milk
- 28 gr Gelatin (sheets)
- Heat water, glucose, and sugar and bring to a boil until 105°C (221°F).
- Hydrate the gelatin sheets in cold water for 15minutes and melt in the microwave.
- Chop the chocolate and place it in a tall and narrow mixing bowl.
- Pour the hot syrup over the chopped chocolate. Add the gelatin and the condensed milk slightly heated and mix to create the emulsion without letting air into the glaze.
- Sieve the glaze, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at +4°C (39°F) for 24 hours before using.
- Before using the glaze, microwave it at about 35°C (95°F).
Chocolate Glaze can be stored in the fridge at +4°C (+39°F) for 7-10 days in an airtight container. This is important because chocolate has a strong ability to absorb odors. The chocolate used in the recipe can be dark, milk, or white without altering the recipe. The white chocolate glaze has an ivory color; I recommend adding titanium dioxide (white powdered dye) for a more pure-white color. Do not use liquid colorants in any case. Unlike cocoa frosting, this glaze is shinier and has a great chocolate flavor.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 4252kcal | Carbohydrates: 844g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 88g | Saturated Fat: 54g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 709mg | Potassium: 742mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 826g | Vitamin A: 1206IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 970mg | Iron: 4mg