Cocoa Glaze is an excellent alternative to Chocolate Glaze. With a very dark color and a strong cocoa flavor, it is ideal for glazing fruit-filled cakes.
Servings: gr of Cocoa Glaze
- Cooking Thermometer
- Immersion Blender
- 430 gr Heavy Cream
- 250 gr Water
- 250 gr Granulated Sugar
- 250 gr Glucose Syrup
- 250 gr Cocoa
- 10 gr Gelatin (sheets)
- Bring water, cream, sugar, and glucose to 105°C (221°F).
- Pour the cocoa into the syrup and mix it well until the mixture is well blended.
- Hydrate the gelatin sheets in cold water for 15minutes and melt in the microwave.
- Pour the hot cocoa syrup into a mixing bowl. Add the melted gelatin and blend at high speed without letting air into the glaze.
- Sieve the glaze, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at +4°C (39°F) for 24 hours before using.
- Before using the cocoa glaze, heat it gently to 40°C (104°F), blend it to uniform the temperature, and use it at 35°C (95°F)
Cocoa Glaze can be stored in the refrigerator at +4°C (+39°F) for 7-10 days in an airtight container. This is important because chocolate has a strong ability to absorb odors. Do not use liquid colorants in any case.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 4637kcal | Carbohydrates: 499g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 285g | Saturated Fat: 185g | Cholesterol: 589mg | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 34g | Sugar: 444g | Vitamin A: 6321IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 312mg
Translated from Italian with Love