Here is a recipe for a fresh and light plumcake. As you will see, the preparation is quick and easy!Inside you will find a pleasant surprise of fresh raspberries and a delicious note of Raspberry Jam!Try this plumcake for a tasty breakfast or to accompany a cup of tea!
- Stand Mixer
- Plumcake Mould
- Pastry Bag
- 300 gr All Pourpose Flour
- 200 gr Granulated Sugar
- 200 gr Butter
- 200 gr Fresh Raspberries
- 4 Eggs
- 50 gr Raspberry Jam
- 12 gr Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- Red Food Coloring (better in gel)
- 1 Lemon Zest
- Start the preparation by separating the yolks from the egg whites. After whip the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Separately, whip the egg yolks with the sugar and salt, and once whipped, add the lemon zest.
- Add the warm melted butter and beat the mixture.
- Separately, sift the flour and the baking powder.
- Add 1/3 of the powders (flour and baking powder) and 1/3 of the egg whites to the mixture, stirring with a spatula.
- Repeat until all the flour, and all the egg whites have been combined.
- Grease a Plumcake mold and line the bottom with a sheet of baking paper. This will help you take the cake out of the mold once baked.
- If you want a marbled effect, you can take a small portion of the dough and add red gel dye, stirring until the color is evenly distributed.
- Pour the first layer of dough into the mold and arrange a layer of fresh raspberries
- Top with the white dough's remaining portion, add the colored mixture if desired, and finish with a second layer of fresh raspberries.
- Then scatter the red color inside the cake by spinning a toothpick down the length of the mold.
- Pour the Raspberry Jam into a pastry bag and variegate the cake, forming 2 or 3 parallel stripes in the dough.
- Bake the Raspberry Plumcake in the oven (preferably without a fan) at 160°C (320°F) for 35minutes.
- Once baked, unmold the plumcake and let it cool before serving.
Serving: 50gr | Calories: 633kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 181mg | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 1002IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg
Translated from Italian with Love