Savoiardi or Ladyfingers are delicious egg-based cookies. The secret to preparing them at their best is to gently handle the egg mixture so as not to break it, especially when incorporating the flour.Savoiardi are really good for making a delicious Tiramisu or for a Charlotte cake.
- Stand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Bag
- 150 gr Egg Yolks
- 70 gr Granulated Sugar Quantity 1
- 250 gr Egg Whites
- 50 gr Granulated Sugar Quantity 2
- 90 gr All-Purpose Flour
- 90 gr Potato Starch
- 1 pod Vanilla
- 3 gr Salt
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar (quantity 1), salt, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites and sugar (Quantity 2) to obtain a glossy and not too stiff mass.
- Lighten the yolk mixture with a portion of meringue by mixing with a spatula from the bottom up.
- When the meringue is incorporated into the mixture, add a portion of sifted flour and starch, stirring very gently with the spatula
- Keep alternating powders and meringue until finished.
- Shape into 8cm long sticks on a baking paper, using a pastry bag with a smooth nozzle
- Sprinkle the Savoiardi with caster sugar and bake at 190°C (374°F) for 15-20 minutes, keeping the oven door ajar.
For good preparation of Savoiardi cookies, discover all the secrets of sponge cakes in Biancolievito's Pastry School!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 271mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 361IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg
Translated from Italian with Love