Here is a sponge cake characterized by an elastic structure ideal to be rolled up. With this type of sponge cake, you can prepare delicious roll cakes filled with creams or jelly. I recommend gently soak it with Alchermes and fill it with a soft buttercream!For an excellent result of this recipe, be very careful not to let the sponge cake dry out in the oven but to keep it pretty moist.
- Stand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- 250 gr All-Purpose Flour
- 200 gr Granulated Sugar Quantity 1
- 220 gr Egg Yolks
- 300 gr Egg Whites
- 100 gr Granulated Sugar Quantity 2
- 10 gr Vanilla extract
- 4 gr salt
- Whip the egg whites with salt and sugar (Quantity 2) to stiff peaks.
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar (Quantity 1) until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift flour 2 times. Combine the 2 mixtures, lightening the yolks with a portion of egg white meringue and then alternating the egg white and flour.
- Spread thinly on greaseproof paper and bake at 200°C (392°F) for about 4-5 minutes with the oven door slightly open.
- Take out of the oven, spread out on a towel, roll it up until lukewarm.Fill the Sponge Cake Roll as you like and roll up again, using the towel.
If you want to make a cocoa biscuit, you can replace 100gr of flour with 10gr of cocoa and add 20gr of honey. If you are interested in preparing a perfect Sponge Cake, visit Biancolievito's Pastry School.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 398mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 529IU | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3mg
Translated from Italian with Love