For a delicious Tiramisu, we need to start with an excellent and nicely textured mascarpone cream! In this recipe, I show you how to make an excellent cream for Tiramisu, using the professional method of Pate a Bombe
- Stand Mixer
- Cooking Thermometer
- 500 gr Pate à bombe
- 500 gr Mascarpone Cheese
- 500 gr Heavy Cream
- 1 pod Vanilla
- 4 gr Gelatin (2 sheets)
For the Pate à bombe
- 340 gr Granulated Sugar
- 120 gr Water
- 170 gr Egg Yolks
For the Pate à Bombe
- Soak the gelatin sheets and melt them in the microwave
- Boil sugar and water at 121°C (250°F) and pour over the yolks while they are already foaming in the mixer.
- Add the melted gelatin and whip the mass at high speed until it is lukewarm (40 - 50°C, 104°F - 122°F)
For the Tiramisu Cream
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream and the mascarpone cheese without stiffening the mixture excessively.
- Combine the pate à bombe with a part of the mascarpone mixture, stirring gently with a spatula.When the mixture is well aerated, add the remaining mascarpone.
- Refrigerate the cream for 30min in the fridge, covering it with plastic wrap.Once cold, use it to compose the tiramisu.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 1103kcal | Carbohydrates: 122g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 64g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 650mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 97mg | Sugar: 118g | Vitamin A: 2461IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 1mg
Translated from Italian with Love