Simply delicious! Cantucci Toscani is a shortcrust pastry cookie that encloses fragrant almonds. Delicious when dunked into a glass of sweet wine (like Vin Santo), but also crunched on their own, perhaps with a cup of tea or coffee!
- Stand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- 500 gr All-Purpose Flour (W150, 8% -9% of proteins)
- 270 gr Granulated Sugar
- 120 gr Softened Butter
- 80 gr Egg Yolks
- 100 gr Eggs
- 3 gr Salt
- ½ pod Vanilla Bourbon
- 1 Grated lemon zest
- 250 gr Roasted Sliced Almonds
- 4 gr Baker's Ammonia (ammonium bicarbonate)
- Mix the butter with the sugar, salt, flavorings, and the eggs previously beaten with the yolks.
- Add the flour sifted with baker's ammonia (if not available, you can use 6gr of common baking powder or baking powder)
- When the dough has formed, incorporate the lightly toasted sliced almonds.
- Wrap the dough with a plastic bag and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour
- Compose regular-shaped strings, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 170°C (338°F) for 10min, finishing cooking by keeping the oven door slightly ajar for another 15min or so.
- Once baked, while still lukewarm, cut the strings at an angle, forming cookies about 1.5cm wide.
- Place the Cantucci on the baking sheet and let them dry in the oven at 130°C (266°F) for 20 minutes until obtaining a good level of toasting; in this way, Cantucci will have a better shelf life, and you will obtain a drier cookie more suitable to be dunked
Serving: 100g | Sodium: 358mg | Calcium: 154mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 782IU | Sugar: 47g | Fiber: 7g | Potassium: 420mg | Cholesterol: 250mg | Calories: 928kcal | Saturated Fat: 14g | Fat: 43g | Protein: 22g | Carbohydrates: 118g | Iron: 6mg